Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Proud Potter

So for the past couple of months, I've been signed up in a pottery class at the local cultural center (happens to be the same place we are getting married - small world).  By pottery, I don't mean ceramics where you handpaint a premade sculpture or form.  Ceramics is all fine and good, but I'm gettin dirty.  Think the movie Ghost with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore - only less sensual.  Anywho, so this class is once a week for 2.5 hours and is a really great stress reliever.  Cool people, nice conversation, and a chance to really create something.  Well, that creating has turned out quite a few cool pieces (most of which I have zero room for and end up stacking in empty corners, much to Dan's dismay).  But I thought I would share a few that I've made so far - beware of picture overload!....

One of my very first dishes


These are a trio of bowls/plates that I made using a fabric doily


I found a giant leaf and made a platter out of it :)


Cute little flower dish on my end table

Pinch pot with floral imprint in the bottom - I use it to hold hairties, bobby pins, and other random bathroom stuff

My very first pot on the wheel! Made with two colors of clay blended together to get the "swirl" effect

Another doily project - this time imprinted onto a large platter

I absolutely love this little wavy-edged plate

A doily coaster

Three little vases on the kitchen window sill.  I love the blue one in the middle

A set ot coffee mugs with fancy little handles :)

My second pot on the wheel :)  Bigger and better than the last (although slightly lopsided!)


Since my throwing skills aren't perfected yet, I really wanted a large food bowl.  So I molded this one around a plastic bowl - one of my best projects yet!

Another molded bowl - beautiful colors!

A cute little tray with handpainted flowers

Another pinch pot - the purple color was completely random, but I like it

An abstract bowl made with dark and white clay

Another leaf project - this time used to hold my random jewelry before I make it upstairs


My spoonrest :) Although, I've recently made a new one since this picture was taken due to the fact that this one was awkward and didn't actually ever hold a spoon correctly- plus I broke the handle


So that's it....for now....until I get around to snapping some more shots of all the new stuff.
Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)