Thursday, May 20, 2010

More Femininity....don't tell him though ;)

Once the kitchen valances were done, I went on to tackle the spare bedroom. We had painted the room a really bright, really cool blue. He bought an all white down comforter and red sheets....so the theme had started. I found really cool striped curtain panels at Wal-Mart for $15.00 and cut them down to make valances (the man isn't a fan of full curtains!). For the longest time, we never got around to actually hanging them, so the room remained big and blue w/ nothing else.
We went to Home Depot and bought a 6' long white wooden curtain rod and the fancy finials for the ends and brackets to hold it. We cut the rod in half and used it on 2 windows. I installed the brackets, attached the curtains to the rod, and there ya go!

I found inexpensive wide-slat white wooden blinds that would look great in this room...just have to pick them up!

With the leftover pieces of fabric that I cut off to make valances, I was going to make decorative pillows for the bed, but....

....I decided to make a headboard instead!  I bought some 1x2's and built a frame then nailed a sheet of luane to the top.  Then i took the leftover fabric and stretched it over the frame and stapled the heck out of it on the back.  A D-ring picture hanger on each side and 2 hooks in the wall and finished!  It really helped break up some of the BLUE that was in the room.  Plus it looks really good w/ the matching curtain valances! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)