Friday, February 19, 2010

Suitcase Stand


Let me start by saying, I have a soft spot for old suitcases.  This is the nightstand I'm using next to my bed in my new apartment.  It was an old round suitcase my mom had and was getting rid of.  As usual, I saved it :)  It was an ugly orange color, so I spraypainted it black (I made sure to tape over the lock and clasps to keep them silver).  As a base, I attached a piece of wood w/ some bolts through the bottom of the suitcase.  I had an old camera tripod that I had never used and attached that to the wooden base.  The tripod adjusts easily so I could put it at any level.  Just a matter of making sure it's level and the legs are spread apart so it doesn't topple over.  And there ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)