Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Houndstooth Heaven!



So, this lovely little number was purchased at a secondhand thrift store for $15. I thought it was a steal, everyone else thought I was crazy. I had no idea what I was going to do w/ it (which is usually the case) but I knew I would come up w/ something.



I removed the armrest and legs and pulled all the upholstery off (which worked out alot easier than I thought) and stared at the empty shell of a chair for awhile deciding what to do next.

 
I had this awesome Houndstooth fabric draped over the futon in my room for forever, waiting for the perfect project. I felt that this was it. So I painted the arms and legs of the chair black, donned the staple gun, and dove straight into my first adventure in upholstering. Basically, I winged it. But I'd say it turned out pretty darn good. Tuxedo thinks so too - it's like it was made for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)